Meet Dr. William Stassen
A native of Ireland, Dr. William Stassen attended medical school at Trinity College at the University of Dublin. He completed his residency training in internal medicine in Ireland followed by his fellowship in gastroenterology at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. He has received extensive training both in the United States and in Ireland under the guidance of some of the most esteemed professors of gastroenterology.
Dr. Stassen's special interests are liver and inflammatory bowel diseases, and he has published numerous articles on various aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology. He received the Peter A.J. Adam Award for Excellence in Research in 1984. Dr. Stassen has practiced in the Austin and Round Rock areas since 1985.
Medical Degree: Trinity College at the University of Dublin
Residency: Internal Medicine, Trinity College at the University of Dublin
Fellowships: Gastroenterology, Cleveland Clinic Educational Foundation and MetroHealth Case Western University
American Gastroenterological Association
American Medical Association
Texas Medical Association
Travis County Medical Society
- Epilepsy and coeliac disease. Hanly, J. G., Stassen, W., Whelton, M., Callaghan, N.; J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatr. 1982 Aug.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy: another cause of "benign" pneumoperitoneum. Stassen, W. N., McCullough, A. J., Marshall, J. B., Eckhauser, M. L.; Gastrointest Endosc. 1984 Oct.
- Multiquadrant precut papillotomy for extraction of large impacted common bile duct stone. Marshall, J. B., Stassen, W. N.; Gastrointest Endosc. 1985 Oct 01.
- Immediate diagnostic criteria for bacterial infection of ascitic fluid. Evaluation of ascitic fluid polymorphonuclear leukocyte count, pH, and lactate concentration, a... Stassen, W. N., McCullough, A. J., Bacon, B. R., Gutnik, S. H., Wadiwala, I. M., McLaren, C., Kalhan, S. C., Tavill, A. S.; Gastroenterology. 1986 May 01.
- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Evidence for a transfallopian route of infection. Stassen, W. N., McCullough, A. J., Hilton, P. K.; Gastroenterology. 1985 Mar 01
- Management of ascites. Stassen, W. N., McCullough, A. J.; Semin Liver Dis. 1985 Aug 01
- Serial determinations of the amino-terminal peptide of type III procollagen in severe chronic active hepatitis. McCullough, A. J., Stassen, W. N., Wiesner, R. H., Czaja, A. J.; J Lab Clin Med. 1987 Jan 01.
- Serum type III procollagen peptide concentrations in severe chronic active hepatitis: relationship to cirrhosis and disease activity. McCullough, A. J., Stassen, W. N., Wiesner, R. H., Czaja, A. J.; Hepatology. 1987 Jan 01.
Wonderful doctor, believes in diagnosing the problem. I have been with him for 9 years now.