Telehealth Visits Now Available
We are pleased to offer Telehealth Visits which allow you to be seen face-to-face by your Austin Gastro provider and receive specialized care from the comfort and safety of your home or workplace.
To initiate your scheduled Telehealth Visit, click on the link above to check in to your provider's virtual waiting room 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Please note, these links only work for appointments already on our schedule.
If you need to schedule an appointment with your provider, you may request an appointment online here.
Our providers use the Doxy.me telehealth platform.
What Can Be Accomplished during Your Telehealth Visit? Virtually everything!
- New and established patient evaluations, labs and images will be ordered as needed
- Routine follow-up appointments, reviewing blood work and imaging in real time with your physician
- Monitor and manage your medications
- Discuss the timing of future diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures, if needed
- Pre-procedure consultations
- Post-procedure follow up appointments
- Discuss any issues you're having with your provider
- Acute care visits
If you think you have a medical emergency call your doctor or 911 immediately. Do not rely on electronic communications for immediate medical needs. Telehealth visits are not designed to facilitate medical emergencies.
If you would like to schedule a Telehealth visit please consider the following:
- Telehealth visits require both audio and visual capabilities
- These visits are scheduled at a specific time with your doctor with a few steps that must be completed PRIOR to the Telehealth visit such as filling out consent forms online and making sure the camera and microphone are enabled on your laptop, desktop, or smart device.
- Like in-person office visits, patient deductibles and co-pays may apply, which vary according to each patient’s insurance plan. It is best that you check with your insurance provider directly as many carriers are adapting their policies day by day throughout this pandemic.
How Telehealth Visits Work
Austin Gastro uses the Doxy.me platform for Telehealth Visits. Telehealth Visits via Doxy.me are HIPAA compliant, simple and easy to use. There is no need for patients to download the software or create an account. Just use a browser on a computer or device with a camera and microphone. Telehealth Visits are private and secure. You can see your doctor from anywhere, just click on the personalized invitation you receive via email to join the video call.
Doxy.Me works on both PC and Mac devices using Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers. (Internet Explorer is not supported.). Android devices work best using Chrome, and iPhone/iPads work best using Safari. Click here for step-by-step instructions for your first Telehealth video call.
An Overview for Checking In to Your Telehealth Visit
“The entire staff was pleasant, professional and efficient. I was so nervous and everyone, from the check-in staff to nurses and techs to the anesthesiologist and finally Dr Reddy simply made the whole experience so comfortable. Highly recommend these fine folks.”Read Testimonials